Saturday, July 31, 2010

July 2010

July 1, 2010

Happy Canada day! Having some fun boating with Grandpa on Mackenzie lake.1

July 2, 2010

It had been SO long since we had been to the Calgary zoo. We met up with Mary and Lucy and had fun exploring the new exhibits!2

July 3, 2010

8 cousins, 8 free duckies, and a whole lotta laughs to be had at Calaway park! 3

July 4, 2010

Meet the cousins – on the Grunewald side, that is. All  13 of them. Yes, gorgeousness runs in our family :)4

July 5, 2010

My sister and her gorgeous family. I have always wanted to raise such a fun, loving family like she has. 5

July 6, 2010

Let the scrapbooking begin! I love just being able to ‘be’ when I’m with my sister. It’s like taking a long deep breath after being underwater.  6

July 7, 2010

This is scary, I know. But welcome to real us.  I know you wish you could rock the jammie jumping, but not everyone can. Deal with it.7

July 8, 2010

I think Edward Cullen caught a glimpse of our awesome jammie jumping and couldn’t resist spending some quality time with us babes. He may live with Laurie, but… he likes me best.  8

July 9, 2010

Coming home. That’s what a visit with my cousins Mark and Christie felt like. Truly. I miss you both so much.  9

July 10, 2010

Jo, you are my scrap sistah, my dancin’ diva, and my sassy soul mate. I so wish we lived closer. It was nice to see you for the .05 seconds we stopped in on our way through. I love you and think of you often! 10

July 11, 2010

Meet the leper, the blind man, and Mary – sister of Lazarus. They were all witnesses to the healing miracles of Jesus Christ. Our Primary has amazing and touching Sharing Time lessons. 11

July 12, 2010

Our local branch of the library has this enormous display made from plastic bottle caps! I’m amazed at the talent people have. 12

July 13, 2010

A bunch of kids from the ward enjoyed playing at Maya’s birthday BBQ! It’s always great to have an excuse to spend more time with friends from church. 13

July 14, 2010

One of the small blessings I’m grateful for is to have garbage disposal services. It’s just one less thing for me to do! 14

July 15, 2010

B has always had a knack with animals, and a deep love and respect for them. And animals seem to sense that about her, and love her right back! 15

July 16, 2010

Witness the last time I ever try a slip ‘n’ slide. The end. 16

July 17, 2010

I can’t make a photographic record of my life without including a photo of our good friends, the Crapos. We were SO happy to have spent some time with them during our trip to Calgary. And even more grateful that Lynn is as avid a record-keeper as I am, and happened to have her camera there on Sunday. Okay, who am I kidding? She’s a WAY better record keeper than I am, but my goal is to become as good as she is someday. 17

July 18, 2010

After buying our hibiscus tree back in May, we finally have a bloom! And it was so worth the wait. One of God’s gloriously beautiful creations, right in our living room.18

July 19, 2010

Family Home Evening was spent writing letters to my parents for their up coming 50th wedding anniversary! It’s so precious to read the girls’ sentiments for their grandparents. I wish we lived close enough for them to have more of a relationship with them. 19

July 20, 2010

Enjoying the hot weather at the local water park.  20

July 21, 2010

Summer is where the girls go barefoot and their hearts are just as free as their toes. 21

July 22, 2010

Day spent at the beach, celebrating Justus’ birthday! 22

July 23, 2010

Why are you pouting, JJ? Is it because you always leave the bathroom door open, and only cover yourself with the cupboard door, then get upset when we walk by and see you? Maybe…. maybe that’s it.

 

July 24, 2010

Celebrating the day the Pioneers entered the Salt Lake Valley at our Stake Pioneer Picnic. The weather was perfect, the company was wonderful, the food was delicious, and the fireworks were amazing. I just love this Stake! 24

July  25,2010

A Primary Detective, teaching the kids how to Choose The Right!

25

July 26, 2010

Sitting in that cold dentist’s chair should be motivation enough to brush and floss better! 26

July 27, 2010

Following my own childhood tradition, we make a weekly visit to the library to browse through the storybooks and find a bunch that catch our eye. Hears to lazy summer reading! 27

July 28, 2010

While the moms are busy creating scrapbook pages, the kiddos are outside enjoying the sunshine and food during their picnic. 12 kids under 10. Good times. 28

July 29, 2010

Summer, in a photo. We loved having our friend’s little girl over for a play date, to add one more giggly girl to our gaggle! 29

July 30, 2010

I’ve got mixed feelings for you, Big Mac. I love the taste of the cheese and the special sauce, but I hate the 3” of flub you add to each hip. I guess it’s doomed to forever be a love/hate relationship.

30

July 31, 2010

Our ward Primary had an activity at the temple. It is such a blessing to have a temple in our midst, where our children can see the beauty, feel the special peace that is there, and have a visual reminder of what they are aiming for.31

No comments:

Post a Comment