Friday, July 30, 2010

June 2010

June 1, 2010

JJ’s first time riding her bike to school, just like her big sisters. It took about 4 times as long as walking, but nothing could be more fun!1

June 2, 2010

We found a glorious little music shop here in town, and I was fascinated with the many guitars all lined up neatly on the wall. TJ was there to buy a harmonica, but I could have stayed for hours, admiring the many instruments there. Just the smell of sheet music and piano strings make me giddy.2

June 3, 2010

This year’s Volunteer Appreciation Tea was absolutely wonderful. The food, the cards, the music, the love just melted my heart. Thank you, girls, for your songs and for letting me be a part of your school year!

June 4, 2010

Sometimes, just in the midst of going through the mundane day-to-day activities, I glance at one of you and catch my breath. You are beautiful, and you are mine. How does that happen? Why am I so blessed?

4

June 5, 2010

I had an amazing opportunity to teach a class at our Stake Family History Conference, on Documenting our lives in photographs. It was well attended and I thought I did well – after all, it is my passion. One of the participants in the class suggested she take a photo of me teaching to document THAT moment in my life. An offer I couldn’t pass up.

June 6, 2010

Haircut time for TJ and B. I think they could have supplied a dozen bald people with fine wigs with the masses of hair they cut off. Even so, they both still have gorgeous, thick mops on their heads. We just weeded it to manageable status.6

June 7, 2010

TJ has made good use of her $8 harmonica – blessing us with her unique musical ditties every chance she gets.

7

June 8, 2010

It’s officially summertime when we make the walk down to the Klein’s food mart on the corner to get some ice cold slurpees! Especially with unbrushed hair and our fabulous Tini Puppinis in tow.

June 9, 2010

Over 2 years of blood, sweat, and tears (and more than a few late nights and prayers) all culminated in Lyndon graduating with his MBA. He is truly an example of hard work, sacrifice, and dedication in every aspect of his life. Watching him walk across the stage brought tears to my eyes, and it was so wonderful to share that day with his parents.

June 10, 2010

This has become a regular occurrence around here. Gorgeous girls, all helmet-ed up and biking through the neighbourhood. 10

June 11, 2010

As a final year-end party, the Pre-K class went bowling! It was hilarious watching 3 and 4 year olds trying to get that heavy ball to the end of the lane. We were there for a while.

11

June 12, 2010

A reptile show at the mall made an ordinary errand-run into an exciting event!

12

June 13, 2010

Vietnamese night! Those spring rolls, salad rolls, and vermicelli fixin’s look good enough to eat!

June 14, 2010

Another afternoon spent playing at the park. Bayboo sure makes climbing look easy~! Such a little monkey.

14

June 15, 2010

End of the school year means fieldtrips! Bayboo’s kindergarten class had a fun morning at Candy Cane park, playing on their crazy playground equipment!

June 16, 2010

Scrapbook/Craft nights at my place are becoming a ritual with my girls and I! I just love sitting, talking, eating, and laughing with my besties! Love you girls!

June 17, 2010

JJ’s last day of Pre-K this year. We sure loved her teacher, Mrs. Jones. We’ll miss having her teach next year. She was so great!17

June 18, 2010

TJ being a goof (as per usual) in our backyard. Signs of summer are sprouting up more each day, and the girls all love spending time out there.18

June 19, 2010

The girls have a ‘secret’ hiding place to the side of our deck where they have the most wonderful adventures. I remember having my own little adventures to the side of our deck, growing up. It’s nice to see the circle of life in my girls :)

June 20, 2010

A quiet Sunday afternoon spent quietly playing together, making memories, and building relationships (oh, and a cute little farm, too).

 

June 21, 2010

Oh, the joys of the colors of summer are beyond compare. Yellow day lilies just make me happy!

June 22, 2010

B playing soccer in our yard. I sometimes have to pinch myself to be sure my life is real. Love my kiddos, love my yard, love my hubby, love my life!

June 23, 2010

Let the rains begin!

June 24, 2010

Poor TJ and her friend, Chassity, got caught walking home from school in the downpour. At least they made it inside before the hail came!24

June 25, 2010

No more pencils, no more books, no more teacher’s dirty looks! Wait… looks like the kids are having FUN at school. Well, even if they love school – summer beginning is worth celebrating! Happy last day of school!

25

June 26, 2010

Day one of our summer trip to Calgary! Due to major flooding on highway 1, we had to take a long detour which took us through Drumheller. So, we enjoyed a visit with the dinosaurs at the Royal Tyrell Museum.

26

June 27, 2010

We have a lot of nuts in our family tree :)

 27

June 28, 2010

Cooling off with an oreo milkshake from Peter’s Drive-In. We loved reliving our memories of Calgary with our kids.

 28

June 29, 2010

Cross Iron Mills Bass Pro Shop…. wow.

 29

June 30, 2010

ECLIPSE date with the girls! We loved spending the afternoon together, eating at BP’s, then taking in the 3pm show of Twilight Saga: Eclipse. LOVED IT! 30

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have a barbie on your chest in your kooky family picture...so fun!

    Do you miss doing year round school?

    We very often go to the Town Pump for Slurpees with unbrushed hair and also in our p.j's. Tanner has a new webkinz that he has to carry everywhere. It's pretty normal for small towns to see people like this.

    ReplyDelete